The Motor policy provides protection against accidental loss or damage to motor vehicle including any standard accessories and spare parts as well legal liability which the insured shall be legally liable to pay as damages for accidental bodily injury and or damage to property of 3rd parties including tow costs and expenses incurred with the written consent of the company.
The Law requires that all vehicles on public roads must have insurance or a form of security against third party property damage, bodily injury or death liabilities.
The various scopes of cover available are as follows:
- Third Party, Fire & Theft
- Third Party only
This is the widest cover available and provides indemnity from:
- Accidental damage to the vehicle, including fire damage
- Theft of vehicle
- Damage to other vehicles or property (TPPD)
- Injury to or death of a passenger in your vehicle (applicable to private cars)
- Injury to or death of Third Party person(s) outside your vehicle, caused by your vehicle (TPPI)
The above are the basic areas under the Comprehensive cover. However, the policy can be extended to cover the following, normally at a nominal additional cost;
- Riot, strike and civil commotion.
- Flood, typhoon, hurricane, volcanic eruption and earthquake.
- Windscreen (Replacement if windscreen breaks accidentally)
- Non-standard accessories like radio cassette etc
- Medical expenses
- Towing expenses
Third Party Only
This covers liability for third party property damage, personal injuries or death. For any vehicle, this is the minimum cover required by the Motor Insurance Act.
- Loss of Use
- Depreciation, Wear & Tear
- Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown Failures & Breakages
- Damage by Frost
- Damage toTyresby Application of Brakes, Road Punctures, Cuts or Bursts
- Cover Excluded from The Comprehensive Cover
- Personal Accident Benefits
- Medical Expenses
- Rugs, Clothes and Personal Effects
Third Party, Fire and Theft cover
It has features of Comprehensive cover but excludes damage arising from an accident. It covers third party risks and in addition to that it also covers loss or damage by fire, external explosion, self-ignition or lighting or burglary or theft.
The policy may be extended to include the above extra covers under comprehensive cover.
Your home and the contents therein are probably your best investment and the most important assets of your family.
Provides all risks cover to golfer’s equipment. The cover extends to cover hole in one and personal accident to caddies.
The Policy covers bodily injury caused by violent, accidental, external and visible means which is subject to the limits specified in the Policy.