Our Corporate Story
Mayfair Insurance Company Limited was licensed to commence insurance operations on 1 November 2005 and has been growing its business ever since, celebrating over a decade in business. The company transacts all manner of general insurance business. Mayfair’s head office is located in Nairobi, Kenya and has regional offices in Zambia, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Mayfair’s business performance has been on an upward trend since inception. There has been a steady growth in premiums with Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of profit before tax standing at 64.3%. This has been attributed to Mayfair’s professional management, an efficient claims process and solid backing from reputable international and local reinsurers.
Profit before Tax
To be distinguished as a reliable and innovative pan-African financial services leader
To provide financial security through reliable and innovative insurance solutions
Credit Rating: A- (ke)
Mayfair Insurance Company Limited has been awarded a Credit rating of A- (ke) by GCR Global Credit Rating. The company has an adequate capital base to enhance its competitive position in the market.
This is an indication of Mayfair’s robust business fundamentals and an affirmation of our commitment and capacity to fully settle all claims regardless of size in the shortest time possible
Company Time Line:
Gross Premium income Kshs 143 million
Gross Premium income Kshs 273 million
Opened Regional Branch offices
Inception of Mayfair Zambia
Excellent Investment portfolio
Moved to New Offices at Mayfair Centre
Recognized as a Premier Insurer in the market
Gross Premium Income over Kshs 1 billion
Accorded a BBB+ (Ke) Credit Rating by GCR based on 2014 accounts
Gross Premium Income Kshs 2 billion.
Rebranding and launch of new brand identity
Accorded A- (Ke) Credit Rating by GCR.
Gross Premium Income KShs 2.3 Billion
MAYFAIR INSURANCE BACKS MASK TO PROMOTE GREATER CREATIVITY FROM SCHOOLCHILDREN IN AFRICA.
Mayfair Insurance Company Limited is a leading business insurer with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Rwanda and Zambia in Africa. We’re proud to be rated A-(KE) by the Global Credit Rating (GRC) Agency on our Claims Paying Ability.
Our business purpose is to anticipate the risks that companies will face in the future and innovate insurance solutions ahead of the market. We understand that our success depends on the continuous development of our management and staff, within a collaborative culture that instils a strong sense of ownership.
So, we need to employ creative solution designers, not traditional processors. And it’s for that reason that we have decided to support MASK (Mobile Art in Schools in Kenya) as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility programme.
MASK is committed to encouraging creativity in the young people of Africa. Giving them the opportunity to release their inner potential, and showing them new ways to contribute at school, in society and later in the world of work. MASK’s definition of creativity embraces entrepreneurship and has already been shown to have a positive effect on the employability of young people. Encouraging them to look at opportunities from all angles, and to be able to present their ideas to others with greater impact.
As Mayfair Insurance, we believe that creativity is one way of ensuring the future growth of businesses in Africa. An insurance against the uncertainties of the future, if you will.
With eagerness, Mayfair Insurance is therefore sponsoring the 2018 MASK Prize which will be held on Saturday, 26th May 2018 at Michael Joseph Art Centre, Nairobi. Further details regarding the prize gala can be accessed on http://mobileartschoolinkenya.org/MASK-Prize/index.html.
Our partnership with MASK now means that the creativity of future generations is In Safe Hands.
Mayfair Insurance Company (hereinafter referred to as ‘Mayfair’) values its client’s privacy, and this policy contains terms and conditions that govern confidentiality in relation to information shared by Mayfair’s customers.
Information Collection And Use
- Mayfair Insurance is the sole owner of all information collected on this site, which information is not available for sale/rent by third parties without express written consent of Mayfair.
- Some pages of this website may require Mayfair Insurance to collect information from end users, which Mayfair may transfer collected information to any relevant unit within Mayfair Insurance, anywhere in the world.
- If an end user contacts Mayfair Insurance with a general inquiry, the end user may need to provide us with personal information.
- Mayfair Insurance will then use this personal information to respond to the inquiry and track further correspondences.
- The information provided by end-end users may also be used to compile statistics on response handling.
- This information is generalized and no individual names or personal information are retained or used for any other purpose.
The end user may subscribe to the newsletter to get information about Mayfair Insurance, such as events, press releases and financial information, by providing an email address. Mayfair will use the email address to send the requested information only and not for any other unsolicited information.
How to subscribe and unsubscribe:
End users may subscribe or unsubscribe to information at any time by filling in the form on http://www.fidelityshield.com.
Orders, Surveys And Contests
- From time to time, Mayfair site may request information from end users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is voluntary. The end user therefore has a choice – whether or not to disclose this information.
- Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address) and demographic information (such as gender, age, level of education).
- Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
- For contests, contact information will be used to register participants, notify the winners and award prizes, etc.
Third Party Services
- Mayfair may partner with another party to provide specific services. When the end user signs up for these services, Mayfair will share names or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services.
- These third parties are however not allowed to use any personal information collected, except for the purpose of providing these services.
- Mayfair does not share any aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers.
Mayfair website may contain links to other sites. Please take note that Mayfair Insurance is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other sites. We encourage our end users to be aware of the same when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site.
Mayfair Insurance may, from time to time, make changes to this policy. Mayfair shall endeavor to share with its end users an updated version of this policy whenever new amendments are effected.
The information contained in or accompanying this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the stated recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis-transmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. Unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination, print, or copying (either whole or partial) of this e-mail is prohibited if you are not the intended recipient. Any views or opinions presented herein are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of MAYFAIR INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED. Emails are not secure and may suffer errors, viruses, delay, interception, amendment and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. MAYFAIR INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED does not accept liability for damage caused by this.